Asparagus and Goat Cheese Frittata
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Servings: 4
2-4 Tbs bacon, chopped
1 small white onion, chopped
1 bag frozen asparagus, thawed
8 large eggs
1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
1. Turn broiler on high. Place raw, chopped bacon in a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
2. While bacon starts to cook, chop onion and cut asparagus into smaller pieces.
3. Add onion to the bacon, and continue to cook until the onion becomes translucent. While the onions cook, beat the eggs in a large bowl with some salt and pepper.
4. Add the asparagus to the onion and bacon in the skillet, and stir a few times until well mixed. Add the eggs and sprinkle in the cheese. Stir a few times, then place the skillet into the oven.
5. Allow the frittata to cook for 5 minutes, or until it becomes puffy and fully cooked. Remove the frittata from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
Serve with an English muffin, fresh fruit, or your favorite breakfast potatoes.